When we think of the word “Cheat Meal” it’s commonly synonymous with Unhealthy.
But it ain’t gotta be… bruh
If you can’t tell by now, I love peanut butter.
I have this cheat meal multiple times per week.
and by multiple, I mean every day.
If you’re a fan as well, give Chocolate Peanut Butter Proats try and it’ll redefine how you think about cheat meals.
and you’ll see why I call this
The Ultimate Vegan Cheat Meal
Aside from just being a cheat meal, for me, this is the perfect post-workout meal as well..
As it’s an easy way to get your protein in and a good time to indulge in your carbs.
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats.
- 1 cup of unsweetened Almond milk (or Coconut, Oats milk, etc.)
- 15g dairy free chocolate chips.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of good raw cocoa powder.
- 1 scoop of chocolate plant-based protein.
- 1 tbsp (30g) Peanut Butter (my preferred Brand Naturally More Extra Protein)
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup (optional)
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring milk to a boil, watching carefully so that it doesn’t boil over.
- Stir in protein powder while the oats are still kinda soupy, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover for a few minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, vanilla, and peanut butter if desired. (I prefer peanut butter on top!)
- Pour oats into a bowl. Top with sliced bananas and additional cinnamon (if desired) before serving.
- Pour the Almondmilk in the bowl of Oats, inside of a microwavable safe bowl.
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 1:00, take out while it’s still kinda soupy to stir in protein powder.. (or until desired consistency)
- While the oatmeal is still hot, add peanut butter if desired. (I prefer peanut butter on top!)
- Top with sliced bananas
- Mix everything together.
Let check out me see your Chocolate Peanut Butter Proats!
When you make this recipe or any others, tag me so I can see it, I might repost it.
My Instagram and Hashtags
#MogulBody and #BuiltByPlants