I’m naturally fat by nature and stuff, so I tend to use food as motivation for doing things I tend to struggle with.
… like waking up early.
This Vanilla Proats meal is all the incentive you need to hop up early A.M. and get your day started, as you’ll feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast (without all the added sugars)
Proats = Protein + Oats.
Proats AKA protein oats are the probably the easiest, most satisfying breakfast or snack for eating to build muscle.
Total Cook time: 5 mins… probably 11 mins if you “can’t get right”
Serving Size: 1 serving
Calories: 540 | Carbs: 56.3 | Fats: 22.3 | Protein: 33.5
- 1/2 cup of Quick Oats
- 1 3/4 cups of Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 scoop Plant-Based Protein
- 1 tbsp (30g) Peanut Butter (my preferred Brand Naturally More Extra Protein)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring milk to a boil, watching carefully so that it doesn’t boil over.
- Stir in protein powder while the oats are still kinda soupy, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover for a few minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, vanilla, and peanut butter if desired. (I prefer peanut butter on top!)
- Pour oats into a bowl. Top with sliced bananas and additional cinnamon (if desired) before serving.
- Pour the Almondmilk in the bowl of Oats, inside of a microwavable safe bowl.
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 1:00, take out while it’s still kinda soupy to stir in protein powder.. (or until desired consistency)
- While the oatmeal is still hot, add peanut butter if desired. (I prefer peanut butter on top!)
- Top with sliced bananas
- Mix everything together. Destroy…
This meal is portioned to cater towards higher protein and eating to build muscle (bulking).
EATING FOR FAT LOSS? FOR FEWER CALORIES:
- Replace Almond milk with water.
- Don’t add Peanut butter. Maybe try peanut butter powder if you just really need the flavor.
- Don’t add the banana